Inspiration and Information
Suppliers in tourism use different marketing tools in their advertising and customer communication. These are the touch points of suppliers with customers on their customer journey, which suppliers can actively control.
The module Inspiration and Information examines which of these tools are consciously perceived by the customer as a source of inspiration when preparing for a trip, i.e. up to the point of booking a trip, and which serve to actively provide information for the trip.
The following questions are at the centre of the investigation:
- Which marketing tools does the customer consciously use as a source of inspiration when choosing a destination?
- Which online and offline media are used to actively provide information for specific aspects of the holiday (e.g. accommodation, travel, activities)?
- What has changed about this in recent years?
- Who uses which instruments and what are the differences depending on travel behaviour?
- What is the place of social media in holiday inspiration?
The aim of the module is to show you through which media your customers can be reached and which content and design options are relevant.
The module has been a recurring part of the travel analysis since 2016 and will be conducted again in the RA 2022. This makes it possible to show the development of holiday inspiration and information over a longer period of time.
Are you interested in further details or the results of previous surveys of this module? Then contact us for a detailed module profile and a no-obligation consultation.
Reiseanalyse Module 2016, 2018, 2020 & 2022